First off, Happy Holidays and a wonderful 2015 to you! I hope this year brings you a lot of wonderful new opportunities.
If Google+ is one of the platforms you’ll be focusing on in the new year, make sure to read these 8 quick tips to grow your following and improve engagement:
1. Use Google Hangouts for live video calls, such as interactive presentations or Q&As with your clients. You can talk to 10 people at the same time, and save the recording on YouTube to share later.
2. Use relevant hashtags to make your posts more visible.
3. Post pictures. Google+ offers free (automatic) photo enhancement, so there’s no reason not to share great pics.
4. Create Circles so you can target your posts to a subset of your followers.
5. Participate in relevant Communities, but make sure not to be too promotional. If you can’t find good Communities that fit your brand, create your own and invite G+ users to join.
6. Keep an eye on your analytics to see what kind of posts work best and post more of those.
7. Cross-promote your Google+ page on your other social media channels and email list, and add G+ badges to your website.
8. Make your posts stand out by using bold text or italics. This is how: *text you want in bold* or _text you want in bold_.
That’s it for this week! What kind of quick tips would you like to see next? Leave me a comment below!
P.S. In case you missed it, here are my Quick Tips from last week: 8 Ways to Improve Your Twitter Results